Wemos® UNO+WiFi R3 ATmega328P+ESP8266 Module 32Mb Memory USB-TTL CH340G Compatible For Arduino Uno NodeMCU ESP | microsolution
Well, I believe ESP32 module is very popular recently, because of its dual core processor and integrated WiFi and Bluetooth feature! It is perfect board for IoT application. Of course, it is famous because the ecosystem built by the huge community. Now programming ESP32 with Arduino IDE is widely used by many IoT developers.
This is the Wemos D1 R32, an ESP32 development board in Arduino Uno form factor. Its running on clock speed up to 240MHz and one core dedicated to wireless functions, another core reserve for user function. This is MUCH faster than its predecessor, ESP8266. Although it is 3.3V system but with it in Arduino UNO form factor, you should be able to to utilize most of the shields out there.
And not to forget there are many community that support ESP32, example microPython, LUA, and Arduino IDE.
- ESP32-WROOM-32 in Arduino UNO form factor
- Working Voltage: 3.3V
- DC Input Voltage: 5V – 12V DC
- Wifi: 802.11 b/g/n/e/i (802.11n up to 150 Mbps)
- Bluetooth: v4.2 BR/EDR and BLE specification
- RAM: 520KB
- Flash Memory: 32Mb (4M bytes)
- Power consumption:
- Max current: 250mA
- Sleep current: 0.15mA
- Active without WiFi current: 20mA
- Operating Temperature: -40C > +85C
- 1 x WiFi UNO based ESP32 board
- ESP-WROOM-32 Datasheet
- Arduino IDE support: https://github.com/espressif/arduino-esp32
- Doom port to the ESP32: https://github.com/espressif/esp32-doom
- The greatest Arduino UNO in the world – by Fernando Koyanagi Instructable, the steps to setup with Arduino IDE.
- Wemos R32 with Arduino – Startup Guide – by Uncle Yong in Hackster
Full integration on one board: Uno R3 ATmega 328 and WiFi ESP8266 with memory 32Mb (MegaByte). All of the modules can work together or each separately. And everyone has their own pinout headers.
The convenient solution for the development of new projects requiring Uno and WiFi.
Via USB you can update sketches and firmvare for ATmega328 and for ESP8266. For this on board have the USB-serial converter CH340G.
Use this board is very simple.
The board has DIP-switch, to connect the modules.
For example, to: USB and ATmega328, USB and ESP8266, ATmega328 and ESP8266.
Table DIP- switch:
|USB<->ESP8266 (Update firmware or sketch)||OFF||OFF||OFF||OFF||ON||ON||ON|
1 x Wemos® UNO+WiFi R3 ATmega328P+ESP8266 32Mb Memory